Chapter Dissolving October 31, 2020
October 5, 2020
Dear PMI Mississippi Gulf Coast Chapter Members and Friends,
Chapter members received an electronic ballot on September 1, 2020 to vote whether to close the chapter and, if so, to select a non-profit organization to receive any remaining chapter funds once all receipts are paid in full, as per our bylaws. Of the 95 members who received the ballot, 26 members (27.4% of our membership) responded. There were 9 votes to keep the chapter open and 17 votes to close the chapter. The American Red Cross of Alabama and Mississippi received the majority of votes to be the non-profit organization to receive any remaining chapter funds. Based on these results, our chapter will officially close on October 31, 2020.
What this means to current members:
- Regarding your chapter membership and dues, PMI will be contacting you within the next few weeks with options for transferring your chapter membership.
- Our chapter website, pmimgc.org, will remain accessible through December 31, 2020 with this message posted on the home page. No new content will be added, and existing content will be removed during this timeframe.
- Our chapter’s Facebook and LinkedIn pages will be taken down on/by October 31, 2020.
- The email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org email address will remain active through December 31, 2020, but all other Board, website, and generic chapter email addresses ending in “@pmimgc.org” will no longer be active after October 31, 2020.
- You will not receive newsletters, emails or other updates from the chapter after this message.
While the chapter is closing, our community can remain connected. I created a LinkedIn group called Gulf Coast Project Management Community to provide a forum for people managing projects, programs, or portfolios across the Gulf Coast (or anywhere). This group has no affiliation with, or support from, PMI—it is an independent group. Through this LinkedIn community we can continue sharing relevant articles, events, or ideas; request or share advice; offer mentorship to those newer to the profession; gather for social networking; share job opportunities and more. Search for “Gulf Coast Project Management Community” on LinkedIn or through my personal LinkedIn profile, linkedin.com/in/jennifer-williams-52950b3. I hope you consider joining the community, and if I can be of service please feel free to contact me through my LinkedIn profile or this LinkedIn group.
The Board and I have been honored to serve our PMI Mississippi Gulf Coast Chapter members for the past several years. Last year we celebrated our chapter’s 5th anniversary and welcomed our 100th member. We enjoyed meeting you at dinners, events, and socials. We are proud to have hosted nearly 20 of you in PMP boot camps. Thank you for letting us participate in your professional lives! We wish you much success!
Jennifer Williams, PMP, CSM
2020 PMI Mississippi Gulf Coast Chapter President
|New Members This Year||0|
|Members with no Certification||39|
|Breakdown by type|